Lunar Drama Calif report

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Feb 21 06:52:38 MST 2008

Worked out well here in Tampa. Patchy clouds, but with good clear openings, at the start of the show. Then pretty clear at 10 when the full eclipse began - we watched as the earth pinched off the last bit of bright moonlight. I checked at 11 pm when it should have been at mid-eclipse and it had clouded over. I thought to myself, "man these clouds aren't that thick looking - I should be able to see the moon behind them" - but then I remembered the moon was being eclipsed. Good thing I'm a pretty darn smart guy!  ;-)

TF