CF carbon fiber lever

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Fri Feb 22 08:52:02 MST 2008

??????????HI Jurgen

? I've been using the Fujan hammer with the 5 degree head for some 6 months.? It has revolutionized the way I feel about tuning?& has?givin me more control than I ever thought possible.? It's a pleasure to tune again. Most every one, whom, after? putting this hammer in their hands have bought one after tuning one piano. You can't go wrong.? I bought two heads, the 5 &?15 degree angle.? I use that one with a long tip.... or a short tip & a small extender for some uprights?or grands with high struts.
?I don't like changing tips & it's easier to just thread the head on & off. Piece a cake. It's an investment but for me it's a life time?one
? Hey Make me a spruce ball.?? Ahh Forget it I'll make you one.
? Dale

How much of a factor is weight really? How does one best balance the contradictory characteristics of a "good" tuning lever? I want it to be a joy to work with, i.e. I want it to be light, ergonomic, and, not least, beautiful to hold and to behold. How schizophrenic is it to want a light tuning lever made with an ebony handle? Instead of having a carbon fiber shaft with a heavy hardwood ball-end handle on the end, should I perhaps go with spruce?? It would be kind of fitting, maybe, but....?
?
I suppose it all boils down to personal preference. But that has to be based on experience of tuning a handful of pianos with any particular tool, I would think. Any suggestions for me before I commit the big bucks??
?
Jurgen Goering?
?