Action Rail Screws

Piano Boutique pianoboutique at comcast.net
Fri Feb 22 18:00:24 MST 2008

William,

Having just answered your post, It will probably come up in my future, but
here goes.

In the past there were times that they hand turned screws, and there threads
differed.   The biggest concern was plate lag bolts that could not have as
good a grip if the threads differed.   Having said that, today it is
becoming less often we find pianos this old, and if it is action screws:
well it doesn't have to do with so much stress.

Just what I have heard.

William

PIANO BOUTIQUE
William Benjamin