Soundboard drying box

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Mon Feb 25 09:21:32 MST 2008

> Anyone out there ever build one to be mounted to the ceiling? 1) it would
> save space, and 2) it would seem to have the opportunity of applying heat
> more evenly. I NEED SPACE!!!
>
> Greg Newell

Wouldn't work in my case. I have too many tools and lights
hanging from the ceiling to have room for a drying box. Not to
mention the ceiling's over 9'. I built my hot box 8' tall,
about 7.5' long, and 6" deep with a door on one end. It was
built wide enough to enclose an oil filled radiator as a heat
source, line voltage thermostat controlled, and tall enough
for about a 4" false floor with holes in it for air
circulation provided by a counter flow fan pushing air down
through the radiator and up underneath the panel(s) through
the holes. It fits behind a long tall cabinet, adjacent to my
outside door. I only lost about 7" of space (and no wall
storage space at all), and the box door opens along the
outside door, so I don't have to have extra room cleared to
get panels in and out. It's big enough inside for a panel of a
9'6"+ piano, so it ought to do for anything likely to come
through my shop. Once I found a fan I liked, I've been very
pleased with it.

Ron N