A Cheeky Question ...

Will Truitt surfdog at metrocast.net
Tue Feb 26 03:46:11 MST 2008

Hi Alan:

Yes, I have located the action with the cheek blocks and then scored marks
on the keybed with a sharp pencil (assuming the bed is not so dirty they are
not visible).  I have been doing this for many years, particularly when
voicing, with the action going in, out, in, out repeatedly.  No ill effects,
except that the piano sounds radically different with the cheek blocks in
(just kidding).  I do same when doing many regulation tasks, although I snug
the blocks down when setting after touch and leveling keys.

Will Truitt