wire splice video

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Tue Feb 26 22:16:51 MST 2008

Very nice, Ron. The "supply loop away, splice loop towards" is a good memory
helper.

Open questions: recently I had the "fortune" to splice two bass strings
(wire sizes 21 and 22). It seems impossible to snug up the knot prior to
putting it on the tuning pin and cranking it tight that way. Any other way
to do it? And if not, I'm thinking it would be appropriate to leave only
~5cm instead of ~8cm beyond the pin for coiling length. True?

Thanks,
Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN