Wood Specie Insert for Capstan

Michael Spreeman m_spreeman at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 27 14:30:38 MST 2008

Sorry, those are tapered.  Straight cutters are available individually, I didn't take time to do a thorough search, but here's a site with a set: http://www.ttrackusa.com/drillbitsacc.htm
                Michael  Spreeman http://www.spreemanpianoinnovations.com

From: fmurray at cruzio.comTo: pianotech at ptg.orgSubject: Re: Wood Specie Insert for CapstanDate: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 09:41:47 -0800

Michael,
The plugs look like 3/8. I that so? I've avoided using that diameter for fear of it not leaving enough of the key. That would allow me to use a 3/8 tenon cutter which I have. As stated earlier there seems to be no 1/4 tenon cutter available. I'm also thinking a larger plug might allow for an easier time of re-drilling.
Fenton