serial numbers / dates document based on Pierce Piano Atlas

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 07:12:04 MST 2008

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 7:12 AM, Paul Mulik <tubist at swbell.net> wrote:

> Since I don't usually carry my Pierce Piano Atlas around with me, I was
> thinking it would be handy to have a Microsoft Word document (or
> equivalent) containing the serial numbers and dates of manufacture
> for the most common piano brands.  One could keep such a document on
> one's Pocket PC, so it would always be handy.  Has anyone created such a
> document?  Just figured I'd ask before I did all that typing.
>
> Paul Mulik
> Joplin, MO

Some years ago, I sent a letter to Pierce asking if they could do an
electronic version of the Atlas with a searchable database.  I didn't get a
reply.  But I still think it is a neat idea, and I'd be willing to pay for
the convenience of Pierce on my PDA.
Now, I have the latest edition at home, and carry the previous version in my
car.  It covers all but the most recent pianos, which is by far the bulk of
what I use it for.

I hadn't thought of scanning the pages of the most popular pianos, but that
sounds like a workable idea if you didn't carry Pierce with you.

--
JF

www.formsma.blogspot.com