Date of Piano

Joseph Alkana josephspiano at comcast.net
Thu Feb 28 11:01:35 MST 2008

Stealing a man's work (material probably from the Pierce Piano Atlas in this case), strikes me as inappropriate behavior on the part of those that insist upon sharing openly the product of someone else's hard gotten gain, copyright protection and entitlement to ethical behavior. I don't care if the man is dead and incapable of personal attempts at redress: I do not know this for a fact, but I believe the family continues on with sale and publication of the book. In any case, to broadcast information out of this valuable resource for the free consumption of the masses constitutes unethical behavior and aggrandizement plain and simple. We cannot regulate behavior behind closed doors or monitor private communications, but to blatantly support, abet, encourage, proliferate and engage in the wholesale exchange of protected information via this public medium is wrong.

Like Paul Williams said (but did not put into the spirit of his admonition, practice): "Get yourself a Pierce (Piano) Atlas."

Joseph Alkana RPT