School Contracts

Roe Michaud jckrssllterrier at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 28 18:48:33 MST 2008

This is the best way to deal with slow paying places... Having been music teacher in a school district myself for over 20 years I have a tip for you. Get paid up front.
    Now that I am a technicain I offer the  schools and churches that I tune for a discount if they pay up front for the entire year within 30 days. Yes, that means some districts pay me over $500 up front. It works and then if there is additional work at the time of service they are billed at full price. The contracts pay well and I have the money in hand before I do any work. They have my word in writing on contract. It's easier for everybody. Try it. Seroe Michaud www.michaudspiano.com

Scott Jackson <scottwaynejackson at hotmail.com> wrote:

Well, yes, but not by deducting discount amounts from the expense side of the equation, but by not paying tax on the amounts that are missing from the income side. That is, you don't give your accountant a list of "imagined" income, and then a list of the amounts that you discounted from that fictitious list, you just give the already discounted total.

Scott Jackson

> Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 06:07:33 -0800
> From: toddpianoworks at yahoo.com
> Subject: Re: School Contracts
> To: pianotech at ptg.org
>
> Are you also able to use any discounts you give for the year and right them off your taxes?

New music from the Rogue Traders - listen now!
http://ninemsn.com.au/share/redir/adTrack.asp?mode=click&clientID=832&referral=hotmailtaglineOct07&URL=http://music.ninemsn.com.au/roguetraders

Roe