unethical and illegal behavior on the part of some

Gregor _ karlkaputt at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 29 02:56:04 MST 2008

From: David at piano.plus.comTo: pianotech at ptg.org

>>An electronically produced list is NOT illegal, unless it is a reproduced scan of the pages of Pierce.  If you sit and type it all out yourself as a list of numbers etc, in your own arrangement, without any of Pierce's editorial content, that is legal.

>>David.

I don´t know the US law, but in Germany that´s definetly illegal. A few years ago a company decided to sell the local phonebooks on CD. Therefore they paid people in India and China to type it from the printed books. The printed books were sold by another company. That ended in a court decision that this is illegal. I think the copyright law is similiar all over the world, so I think it should be illegal in the USA, too.

Gregor