Baldwin News

Elwood Doss edoss at utm.edu
Fri Feb 29 21:39:15 MST 2008

Elwood Doss, Jr., M.M.E., RPT

Piano Technician/Technical Director

Department of Music

145 Fine Arts Building

The University of Tennessee at Martin

Martin, TN  38238

731/881-1852

FAX: 731/881-7415

HOME: 731/587-5700

________________________________

From: Rob & Helen Goodale [mailto:rrg at unlv.nevada.edu]
Sent: Friday, February 29, 2008 12:00 AM
To: Pianotech List
Subject: Re: Baldwin News

I was in Trumann about 15 years ago and that's EXACTLY what I saw.  My wife and I, (then fiancée), were on our way to Wisconsin and drove a couple hundred miles out of our way because we wanted to see the Baldwin factory.  No one new we were coming, it was a spontaneous idea.  When we got there it was closed and a security guard reminded us it was a three day weekend.  I recall a prominently displayed sign on a fence that said NOT HIRING.  As we wound our way back to the main highway all I could think of was what a dump.  It was.  Yes I love hush puppies, I always request a double order whenever I come across a place that has them.  The fried fish and sweet tea I could do without.  Rednecks are ALWAYS fun to make fun of, that's why Jeff Foxworthy and Larry the Cable Guy are millionaires and piano technicians aren't.  You do of course realize that Trumann is in Arkansas, not Tennessee, right?

Rob Goodale, RPT

Las Vegas, NV

	I think this post is uncalled for.  I've been to Trumann and I didn't see any of what you said.  What's the matter Rob, don't you like fried catfish, hushpuppies, sweet tea, and let's add some vinegar cole slaw; how about a thick slice of onion...and if you really want a good ol' Northwest Tennessee Catfish dinner, add some Country Ham, Fried Chicken, soup beans smothered with a hearty dousing of "Elwood's Famous Blazin' Hot Sauce," fried onion rings.  My, my, what a meal!

	But the best West Tennessee meal is West Tennessee pulled pork bar-b-que with another hearty dousing of "Elwood's Famous Blazin' Hot Sauce," potato salad, baked beans and cole slaw.  Cholesterol?  We WORK it off!

	Joy!

	Elwood