Water Damaged Piano Results

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Thu May 1 08:03:53 MDT 2008

Matthew,

I think this and other responses approach back to your question about
professional standards and ethics.   If a doctor simply bandaids a puncture
wound which actually resulted in massive internal hemorrhaging, the patient
is gonna die and the family is gonna sue the pants off the doctor. Likewise
if (since) the piano is internally hemorrhaging, it's gonna die prematurely
if you just bandaid it. Granted it's not a human life, but you will have
some mighty annoyed school district personnel.

Given the nature of most of your posts, I get the impression that you're
pretty new to the business. This doesn't automatically mean that you're
completely unprepared to undertake such a project, but if I was in your
situation (flooded school piano), I'd sure as heck have someone with
considerably more experience physically at my side pretty much from start
(assessing damage and recommendations) to finish (ready to return to the
school). Failing that, I'd take a pass on the school piano and search out a
freebie to practice on.

Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN