Flexy S&S D Keys

Delwin D Fandrich fandrich at pianobuilders.com
Thu May 1 13:57:51 MDT 2008

Have him or her go back to the August and December 1996 Journals and read the
two articles I wrote about energy losses in piano actions. In one of those
articles I described how to improve (I realize the idea of "improving" anything
to do with the piano is subjective so perhaps I should just say "change") these
keys.

Basically I removed the so-called Accelerated Action "rockers" and replaced them
with normal thin felt punchings. I then used the space gained to accommodate
maple plates of equal thickness (4 mm comes to mind but you should check) glued
to the bottom of the keys. Did wonders to "change" the performance of the action
and the piano.

Del

  _____