sort of OT: digital piano question

Fenton Murray fmurray at cruzio.com
Fri May 2 12:16:35 MDT 2008

  From: Andrew and Rebeca Anderson
  To: Pianotech List
  Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 6:49 PM
  Subject: Re: sort of OT: digital piano question

  I've found that the Roland with "after-touch" has piano-like response and sensitivity that leaves Yamaha in the dust.  Price is similar.

  RD-700GX: Digital Stage Piano.  This model features Roland's copy of the real piano's escapement (after-touch) feel.  These Epianos are capable of nuances and subtle shading that others lacking this feature cannot match.  The key-weight is still too low for my taste but that seems to be the fare for the course.
  http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?ObjectId=923&ParentId=87

  http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-RD700GX-DIGITAL-PIANO?sku=703119
  Priced here at $2395.00

  Good Luck