Strike Point

Matthew Todd toddpianoworks at att.net
Fri May 2 21:36:08 MDT 2008

Good evening,

  I've noticed in most of the regulating manuals I've read, that they recommend the strike point of C-88 to be about 1/8''.  Almost all the pianos I have come to, the strike point is not 1/8''.  Most of the time, the strike point is just below the V-bar, barely a 1/16'' in most cases.  I have never dealt with this issue before because I seem to have an issue with it. If I were to adjust the strike to an 1/8'', the hammers in the treble end would be off of the rest rail.  The action would be sort of slanted.

  Do you all mess with this issue or not?

  Matthew