Veritical Hitches

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sun May 4 13:15:50 MDT 2008

What about the struts?  Does it add any stress there?  I have an older
Steinway in the shop and the bridge is so darn low (about 23 mm in the
treble) that I'm considering both raising the plate by installing a thicker
pinblock plus I might have to take a bit off the underside of the uppermost
strut where the bridge crosses under (a couple of mm's) to get the bridge
height up and still have clearance.  Is that likely to create a structural
weakness?

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com