Veritical Hitches

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sun May 4 13:54:07 MDT 2008

String heights at the top end are about 42mm (1 5/8"), 44mm in the tenor.
I'd like to install a 1/8" thicker pinblock and just raise the plate
elevation up a bit all around.  But I'd also like to get the bridge height
even a bit higher than that and that involves taking a bit off the underside
of the top treble strut.  Not a lot but about 2 or 3 mm just where the
bridge crosses.  Will that create a problem?  I see plate struts modified in
this way not periodically but have wondered about doing it myself.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com