Voicing Help - needle considerations

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Mon May 5 14:47:26 MDT 2008

Grin... I would think the answer to your question lies in whether or not
you think there is a good reason to cut the felt as opposed to mostly
pushing it around and loosening it up.  Round needles will cut through
some of the fibres as well mind you... they just wont slice quite as
much as the triangular ones will.  Personally... I always use round ones
myself... but have been tempted of late to try the three sided slicers... :)

Cheers
RicB

    Greetings,

             Thank you  for responses!  I just thought of this ...I am
    using
    sewing needles, because they are round (by their cross  section).
    I was told
    somewhere along my travels never to  use needles that are triangular
    because
    they cut the felt and can  ruin a hammer. What say you?

    Thanks,
    Julia