Health Insurance premium increase

Mike Spalding mike.spalding1 at verizon.net
Tue May 6 08:48:03 MDT 2008

Dan,

This is something I experienced every two years during my last stint in
the corporate world.  My employer would engage an "insurance consultant"
to shop for competitive health insurance rates.  We would then change
insurers.  After the first year, the insurer would make a drastic
increase in our rates, because he couldn't afford to stay in business at
the rates he had used to lure us away from our prior insurer.  At the
end of the second year, my employer would engage an "insurance
consultant" to shop.....
So, tell us, will this be your second year with this insurer?

Mike