Health Insurance premium increase

pianoguru at cox.net pianoguru at cox.net
Tue May 6 12:59:24 MDT 2008

---- Dan Reed <pianoarts at tx.rr.com> wrote:
>Now that I have a pre-existing condition, getting new coverage may be a little more iffy.

Sate laws limit pre-existing condition exclusions.  It varies from state to state.  In some states, it no longer exists, legally, in the insurance industry.  In other states, you can switch insurance companies as frequently as you like, as long as there is no time-break in coverage that exceeds a specific time period, 60 days, 90 days, etc.  Check with your state insurance commissioner or their web site.  Also, if you believe they are dealing unfairly with you, discuss it with your state insurance commissioner.  They may be able to straighten it out with your existing company.

Frank Emerson