Voicing learning experience

KeyKat88 at aol.com KeyKat88 at aol.com
Thu May 8 13:27:43 MDT 2008

Greetings,

          Thanks for all  replies and help on voicing help a few days ago!
Everything worked out  fine. I kept getting an "ear piercing" sound no matter
how much I needled, only  to figure out that the hammer shape was causing my
problem. I examined the  hammers. The fronts of them were flattened. Just below
and above the  strike points were 'bulging' out a bit, so I carded off those
shoulders a bit and walaaa!   The hammers are now alittle too  soft sounding,
but that will pack back down again. Here, I wrongly thought  that  the hammers
just needed needling. Their shape  is important too. I was told this fact in
school, but since I dont voice  every day, that info went by the wayside, only
to be re-learned by this  experience.

Thank You again,
Julia
Reading, PA