floating the soundboard

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Fri May 9 11:08:07 MDT 2008

Well.. certainly most everyone on this planet evidently needs some kind
of a god to believe in for just about everything to be sure.  My point
is that there are no end of piano design deities out there... most of
them are quite capable of designing a fine sounding instrument. Most of
them vary (sometimes quite significantly) in approach, most of them make
no bones about declaring most everyone else has having fatal flawed
thinking.... and none of them seem to see how ridiculous this all is.

For myself... I realized years ago the <<one way>> gang in whatever area
of life one finds them... are always ... well..... wrong.   I've heard
it a million times...

    "there are two ways of doing things... the wrong way... and MY way."

Cheers
RicB

         > I think thats probably why a lot of folks around the world
        stick to what
         > they do... because they already know how to do it and they
        get a very nice
         > result.

    True. But some who are able to think out of the box consult experienced
    piano designers familiar with unconventional design approaches for
    input.

    It's why the Goddess made Del Fandrich and Ron Nossaman and Ron Overs.

    Terry Farrell