Ratio question

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Sun May 11 12:15:00 MDT 2008

>It would have an effect on action mechanics..but Phils question is to
>define a relationship or formula  between changing key height, and the
>resultant key dip.

It would affect an action elevation: height of key bottom above the
balance rail
which could affect the Magic Line if altered to a greater distance than the
amount to effect a 1 mm change in key height.

If your dip is set for 10 mm and you raise the key height 1 mm,
the dip becomes 11 mm; plain and simple.   1:1.  Conversely, if your dip
is 9mm and you need more aftertouch, raise the key height 1 mm
to get a 10 mm dip.  It's a straight vertical line measurement.  Do the math.

As one of my high school teachers would say, "Let's be plain and simple,
I'll be plain..."
--

Regards,

Jon Page