floating the soundboard

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Mon May 12 09:39:21 MDT 2008

> RicB wrote:
> Yeah... but had you been brought into the buisness from the ground level
> up by some of the folks I mentioned.... you'd have been influenced by
> that experience... like everyone else on the face of the planet would be
> yes ??..

Sure, of course.

> and your whole attitude and philosophy towards how to go about
> rebuilding pianos would be reflected by that experience... just like it
> is now only by a different crowd.  Course any given person can always
> turn out to be the exception to the rule.  But the overwhelming majority
> of people out there stick pretty stubbornly to what they have learned
> from there mentors... whomever they be.  Or hadnt you noticed  ?? :):)

Sure, of course. But the initial question was about floating the bass of a small piano - not about all of the above.

> And  in answer to part of your question... yes... there are lots of
> people out in the big wide world who are very successful at working with
> rebuilders.  Of course there are. Pianotech and our little community of
> active folks here is after all a very very small part of the world wide
> piano technical community after all.

Sure, of course. But, to the best of my knowledge there are not other rebuilders/designers who are experienced in redesigning in loose-foot features. Correct? And please do correct me if I am wrong, because I am willing to be enlightened - actually, most anxious. I was just trying to adress Dean's question and not try to analyze planetary piano redesign philosophy/abilities.

Terry Farrell