Music rack Cover for high Polished finishes

Barbara Richmond piano57 at comcast.net
Tue May 13 21:36:27 MDT 2008

Greetings finish experts,

I have a customer with a little Yamaha high polish grand, who is concerned about the music rack/desk getting scratched and had a cotton tea towel draped over it this morning when I arrived to tune.  She asked me if there was a cover made to protect the rack, or, could I possibly make her one?  What material would you recommend for such a thing?  (I was thinking microfiber, perhaps.)  Would the finish still get scratched when music was placed on the rack--even with the cloth protection?

Thanks,

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, Illinois