Gas I gasped!

hoffsoco at luther.edu hoffsoco at luther.edu
Fri May 16 17:42:50 MDT 2008

> Gotcha.
>
> Then again, a nice little 125cc scooter would be mighty economical also.
> There are two commercially available motorcycles that do 60+ mph, but they
> both run around $12K. Too steep for my blood.
>
> Terry Farrell

I understand that sticker shock...  Almost three years ago, I got the
cheapest car on the market in this country. Chevrolet Aveo sedan. Under
$11k, 35mpg, front wheel drive and a decent heater for those -10 and snowy
days. It even maintains 75mph on the interstates. ;-}

Very basic car with NO bells or whistles except a radio (not even a
cassette or CD).   As a college tech, I don't put as many miles on it as
most techs, but it's getting 40% better mileage than my S10 pickup (25mpg
highway). Amazingly large trunk and a rear seat which folds down.

Another consideration in a rural area is a dealer here in town. The
closest Prius dealers are 60/70 miles away.  If I have to leave them, I
can walk to the Chevy dealer, or throw the bike in the back of the
pickup...

Best compromise I could come up with, and no problem towing or
transporting firewood.

Conrad