Steinway O revisited

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sat May 17 10:03:59 MDT 2008

The cutoff bar is underneath.  What you see is just the cap that covers the
seam.  I have found it easier to cut the panel when gluing in the board
which makes clamping much more straight forward.  Then I glue in the corner,
non working part of the panel and cover the seam with a strip of whatever I
have available: a strip of maple or pine, in this case, pine.  The screws in
the cap go into the cutoff bar underneath.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com