Pianos on curved church floors

Barbara Richmond piano57 at comcast.net
Thu May 22 21:16:15 MDT 2008

Jessica,

Has someone been dusting/cleaning--even spraying something on the damper heads-- and wiping in the wrong direction?

I had to do a lot of damper work on a piano that resided in a house with heavy pipe smoke.  I suppose Presbyterians don't use incense.  :-)

How about ironing some Teflon powder into the bushings (and cleaning everything else).

Hmm.  It doesn't seem like the floor would make a difference on a grand.   We lived in an apartment where the floor dipped and the sewing machine cabinet would roll to the middle of the room.  :-)

Are the compression ridges something new?  How old is the piano?

Sorry, I can't remember the Yamaha damper/damper tray set-up at the moment.  Can you shim to get the lift even?

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, Illinois