what to do, what to do...

Mike Spalding mike.spalding1 at verizon.net
Fri May 23 12:01:54 MDT 2008

Daniel,

Explain, yes.  Discount, no.  Your cost to service, tune, and deliver
the piano have not decreased.  The sound, playability, and durability of
the piano have not been decreased by your discovery of the cracks.  Make
the buyer aware that the the cracks exist (do you really know that they
"developed" since you took the piano in, or had you perhaps not noticed
them before?),and that they are doing no harm.  This would also be a
good time to thoroughly inspect the piano for other structural issues,
and to think about how to respond if other structural issues surface
after the piano is delivered.

Mike