1890's Everett upright

John Voigt jvoigt at gwtc.net
Sat May 24 12:18:42 MDT 2008

Thanks for all the suggestions so far.  I'm liking the idea of finding a way
to shift the hammer over by modifying the flange.

I did check the bottom bass bridge and it was OK, but I can't say I looked
specifically at the top.  I would think something like that would have
jumped out at me up there where it is visible.

I did end up tuning unisons as I went with a one piece rubber mute, but even
that was difficult to place because of the close proximity of the plate.
The tip would curl and not fit behind the string.  I had a split mute in the
tuning case, but did not think to try it.  It might have worked better, but
the ends of that are thicker than the single.

John Voigt