Hammer suggestions revisited

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Mon May 26 10:33:17 MDT 2008

> How is the half-round made?  Purchased or Modified (how)?

I cut it from round stock with a band saw.

>What diameter
> seems to work best?
> Kindest Regards,
> Garret

What works best is whatever works best to keep as much counter
bearing angle at the "capo" as possible, and still get enough
angle at the brass insert that it won't buzz. As I said, I
don't have numbers. I experimented until I had something I
liked. Clamp or screw one each of the two types of termination
pieces to a plank, and play with string and  wooden dowels of
various sizes until you find something that works. Then
reproduce the dowel in brass.
Ron N