8year Nordiska

Jessica Masse ebonyandivory at on.aibn.com
Tue May 27 13:13:26 MDT 2008

Hi,

Nordiska A08141 was tuned 2 years ago.  Owner said tuner made banging sound
on it while tuning.  Too many Tuning pins are very loose.  I Contacted
Geneva, they couldn't help me or give any insight on its construction.  The
Owner handed me $150 cash said do your best.  I tried to pound the tuning
pins in deeper.  They came back out like the holes weren't drilled deep
enough.  I'm guessing the wood used in the pin block is not typical or it is
unglued from back because holes weren't drilled deep enough or it's just
unglued.  Thought about using CA Glue.

The keys weigh a ton all laminated with lots of weight added too.  Nice
shiny black thing wouldn't call it a piano.

I handed the woman back her money and I told her I would get back to her.

What to do What to do.   She wants her granddaughter to play it.  No one in
the city will say they sold it to her.  Her husband bought it they don't
remember the name of the store not much help from dealers here anyway.

Jessica Masse

RPT Piano Technicians Guild