Music Desk boards

David Nereson dnereson at 4dv.net
Fri May 30 00:32:57 MDT 2008

    Sorry; I saw the word "console" and glossed over the "U1," which is usually considered a studio upright.   So I was thinking of console-type ornate music racks that are fastened to the music desk.
    But I would think you could order the type of music rest that fastens to a fallboard from Yamaha or Kawai.  However, you'd most likely have to settle for one of their finishes.  I doubt they have unfinished ones available.
    I don't know a source of any generic ones.
    The only other thing I can think of is to buy some sort of fluted molding, cut it to length, round the corners, etc.  But you'd still have to stain and lacquer it.
    --David Nereson, RPT