Striking point

A E eve_ane at hotmail.co.uk
Fri May 30 06:46:00 MDT 2008

I talking about them indeed! How much of a difference did you notice between regular hamers and the "natural felt" ?

To: pianotech at ptg.orgSubject: RE: Striking pointFrom: pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.eduDate: Fri, 30 May 2008 07:41:42 -0500Hi Alicia, The hammers I think you're talking about are from Wally Brooks.  They're Abel "Natural Felt" hammers and I really enjoy working with them. Paul

A E <eve_ane at hotmail.co.uk> Sent by: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org
05/29/2008 10:27 PM

Please respond toPianotech List <pianotech at ptg.org>

Pianotech List <pianotech at ptg.org>

cc

Subject
RE: Striking point

On the contraire, the tone from plucking is nice and rich. I've tried all sorts of hammers from grands uprights, etc but none that are to my likeing, I've managed to rake up some experience over  last 3 years or so, and never crossed a piano thats as weird as mine.Speaking of hammers, I read in April addition of PTG journal about new type of hammers, that arent bleeched etc, anyone experienced them yet?Alicia

To: pianotech at ptg.orgSubject: Re: Striking pointDate: Thu, 29 May 2008 22:19:19 -0400From: pnotnr at aol.comA quick way to determine whether the tone problem is in the hammer or the string/bridge/soundboard would be to simply pluck the string.  If you get dull tone plucking the string, there probably won't be much you can to with the hammer.Gordon Large, RPTMaineOn Thu, May 29, 2008 at 2:24 PM, A E <eve_ane at hotmail.co.uk> wrote: William,Upright piano, 43inches tall, made in Ukraine in early 90's, general condition of the piano is ok

Stay informed, get connected and more with AOL on your phone.

Get Started!