horrid "repairs"

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Sat May 31 07:53:24 MDT 2008

John:

I've seen bass strings with the windings on the bridge before.  I found
one where those "repairs" were done in a store and the piano sold to a
customer who called me about the bad sound.  (I think they accidentally
left their ears at home the day they purchased it!)

Now that all of us have some kind of camera (phone) with us all the time
we should all collaborate on a "Dante's Illustrated Book of Creative
Repairs".  It's really kind of gruesome what's out there.

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT

dporritt at smu.edu <mailto:dporritt at smu.edu>