1929 Lansing B.Grand

Brian Doepke bdoepke at verizon.net
Sat May 31 12:36:02 MDT 2008

Hello List,

I have a client, in another town, who has a 1929 Lansing B. Grand that when
the mover's put it in his house, they bent the lyre case backwards.shoving
the damper lift rod upwards and snapping the rod where it was attached to
the damper tray.  It broke away from the wooden "grommet" attached to the
lifter tray.

The tip of the rod is an inverted "L" shape.  For a field repair, I c.a.
glued the tip of the rod into the hole left by the screw that held the
grommet that was attached to the lift tray. ( I hope that I am 'splaining
this ok")

Now, 3 months later, the client calls and asks for another type of repair
because he only got "about 2 hours" of playing before the sustain began to
malfunction.

Does anyone have any ideas for a more permanent repair?  Or how about a
clever statement about how his piano is a PSO.

Thank you,

Brian P. Doepke, RPT

A.A.A. Piano Works, LLC

Piano Tuning + Service