[pianotech] teflon

David's Email ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 2 16:57:47 PST 2008

I agree...my only worry is inhaling teflon powder.   I'm trying to keep a mask with me...would a simple white paper mask do anything?   Brushes tend to stir up the teflon powder.  From a tip on the list I'm now using hammer felt cut to fit the bushing mortice...seems to stir up less...

David Ilvedson

Powdered Tef can be applied to both front and balance bushings fast,
with a 2" China bristle brush...and at the same time, why not treat
the guide rail bushings, keyend damper lift felt, , shift lever,
glide bolts, keybed/frame contact sufraces...(front and back keybed
frame), shift spring, shift lever, frame hold/dag  surfaces, jack
tenders, knuckles, drop screws, cheek block / frame guides...even the
Capstan contact felt can be accessed...