[pianotech] O.T. - Dampp-Chaser component issues

Alfred Saginario asaginar at verizon.net
Thu Nov 6 15:02:31 PST 2008

John;

I agree completely with everything you've said - it is completely
ridiculous, but that's the situation I'm working under. As part of my
teaching duties, I'm the "Audio-Visual Coordinator" for our building.
In the past if a teacher needed an extension cord for an overhead
projector I could order one from the district storeroom. Since these
new "regulations" came out, I'm not allowed to order extension cords!

Another example of how ridiculous it is - in my rehearsal room I have
two of those battery operated emergency light units that come on
during a power failure. During a fire inspection it was discovered
that one of them had a dead battery. The solution? The maintenance
department came in, removed the unit from the wall, and installed a
cover plate over the outlet box. They said we only needed one! Makes
me wonder what they'll do when the battery goes on my remaining unit.

Al Saginario