[pianotech] Cleaning Soundboard and Plate

joel a. jones jajones2 at wisc.edu
Fri Nov 7 12:19:56 PST 2008

Claude,

Krud Kutter is in my cleaning bucket too, but I find I must use it
sparingly. It removes
dirt on plates and soundboards  immediately .  If it sets too long I
find it hard to match
the different areas as it can remove stain, paint, as well as Krud.

   One of our techs uses it to strip old pianos.  Spray it on, wait a
bit, wipe it off.   Leaves a nice
stain and smooth surface.

Keep in Tune.

Joel