[pianotech] ivory replacements with wafers intact using metal key plates

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 05:28:30 PST 2008

Sounds about right, Conrad.  However, it has been quite some time for me
that I've had to do this. :-)
Seems like there might be another way to glue an ivory without the wafer
process.  I remember hearing it in a class years ago.  Combining glue with
titanium dioxide to "whiten" the glue so it won't be dark under the ivory
when it dries.  Maybe a call to Bob at Pianotek -- I think he sells titanium
dioxide.

--
JF