[pianotech] [piano tech] hours and costs to restring a Yamaha G2

Roger Jolly roger.j at sasktel.net
Mon Nov 17 05:52:57 PST 2008

Hi Debra,
                   You have good advice from David and Ron.N.  Make sure
you tighten all the perimeter bolts of the plate. I don't think this model
has the floating plate mounting system, and has a very flimsy rim
construction. I have see several with this problem.   On two occasions I
have doweled the rim braces to the case using West Systems epoxy. and it
has fixed the problem.
There has been a number of inner to outer rim separations that I have had
personal knowledge of.  So check the inner to outer rim integrity.
As others have said, this piano is a Bear for tuning across the tenor
break.  I use my RCT and don't bother checking the intervals too carefully,
but I do check it twice.
It is what it is!!!!!!

Regards Roger