[pianotech] Proposed California Sales Tax on Furniture Repair

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Tue Nov 18 08:56:11 PST 2008

No.  Services are not taxable in California.   California sales tax will
soon be 10%.  Adding 10% to your tuning fees will likely preclude any
reasonable cost of living increases for awhile.  Adding $2500 to a $25,000
rebuilding job can be a deal breaker unless you simply decide to take it out
of your own pocket.  I hope the California techs are speaking up to their
local representatives.