[pianotech] Sluggish action on Wurlitzer

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Tue Nov 18 13:46:45 PST 2008

Chuck

Welcome to the list.?We always treat our new members with respect. It's only after you've been with us for a while that we tell you what we really think. (Just kidding, of course).

For the sluggish centers, try squirting a little Protek on each flange with the hammers still in the action. If that doesn't do it, then mark all the hammers that are sluggish, remove the action, and repin all the sluggish flanges. You might also want to check the wippen flanges, because often they can be sticking, too. It will cost the customer, but it is better to do the whole job right the first time, then trying to do a quick fix, only to have wind up going back to keep fixing sluggish hammers. ?

PS.??If the customer doesn't want to pay to have the work done, walk away from the piano. This customer has neglected the piano, and needs to pay the consequences.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Mililani, Oahu, HI
808-349-2943