[pianotech] Fwd: Weickert hammer set pics

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Sat Nov 22 07:29:31 PST 2008

Looks terrific, Dale...should be just what the doctor ordered!? And you MIGHT just be surprised...in this economy there might be more pianos rebuilt/recycled and fewer high end new...who knows?? THANKS!

Stan Ryberg
Barrington IL
jstan40 at sbcglobal.net

?Fellow hammer heads???
???I am really excited to say ?Ronsen team has successfully reproduced the density size, weight & shape of the old?1880 to 1940 Weickert felt hammer?Steinway hammer. The set shown here?is a 14 lb version & has a beautiful Steinway type shape. The Gold under felt will indicate the Ronsen Weickert type.?We have overcome the original weight issues with the newest iteration of felt Sheets fresh from Wurzen and can now easily match any weight we want by selecting either heavier or lighter moldings and/or the 14 or 16 lb felt.?
? The smell of this felt is very organic. Very Woolly.lol
??On this set the weight will be easily met thru routine preperation the weight is easily matched if desired to?the original Steinway hammer weights we commonly find. We've?increased the density in the bass which?results in teh stiffness required to drive the bass with only light needling. The first test sheets required very light juice on the crown in the bass and this should no longer?be necessary.
?We live in a great time for technological advance or rediscovering them. Now if the economy recovers a bit we can get on with a bit more work.
? Have a great weekend.
? Dale Erwin

?

Traveling over the river or through the woods this holiday season? Get the MapQuest Toolbar. Directions, Traffic, Gas Prices & More!