[pianotech] Downbearing

William Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Sun Nov 23 06:33:22 PST 2008

I suppose I can see the argument for not loosing sleep over front and back
not being exactly equal, but my concern is more for something like Frank
described, and similar but not so severe cases.  I think it is of practical
importance to assure myself that there isn't anything ridiculous going on
front to back, making sure any net bearing reading is meaningful.  In other
words, net bearing, but not in a vacuum.  I'm not suggesting you don't look
at other parameters here, Ron, just wanted to make explicit my thinking.

Thanks Frank and Paul for chiming in here.

William R. Monroe