[pianotech] Downbearing

William Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Sun Nov 23 06:48:13 PST 2008

Yeah, me too.  I've an "O" that is out for refinishing at the moment in
which this is the case.  It has every scenario.  Very little bearing to
start with, some places negative front, positive rear, others the reverse.
I wouldn't shoot for that, but in this case, it is working well.

I figured those extra feet on the Wixey weren't just pointers to tell you
which way was forward.  ;-]

William R. Monroe