[pianotech] Stringmaking Question

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Sun Nov 23 19:03:05 PST 2008

Funny you should mention a rubbing.
That is what I always used to do, and can't remember an error.
When they came out with the bass string ordering templates using
measurements, that is when my problems started.
Mind you, an error in my measurements, is just as likely the reason for the
error.
I think I will go back to making a paper impression. Obviously less room for
error.
John Ross