[pianotech] S&S Hammer rail question

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Tue Nov 25 19:50:48 PST 2008

Phil asks:
> > I'm replacing Hammers, shanks, flanges on a D, and I noticed
> > that 1 of the screws on the hammer rail is stripped.
> > Is there a recommended best fix for this?
>

> Greetings,
      A permanent, bullet-proof, repair is to use West System epoxy.   I
spray some McLube on the screw, clean all loose debris from the hole, fill it
about 1/2   full with the resin, and then screw the screw down in it until it is
lower than its ultimate depth will be with the new flanges. If you don't go
below the expected height, you will bottom the screw out in the resin when you
install the new shanks.    This will crack the resin before you can get the
flange tight enough.
Regards.
Ed Foote RPT

One site has it all. Your email accounts, your social networks,