lowering inertia without voiding warranty?

David C. Stanwood stanwood at tiac.net
Sat Oct 4 12:17:31 MDT 2008

Bob,

Moving the capstan line to achieve a Strike Weight Ratio level of 5.5
would do wonders.
It is my understanding from Gary Green at Steinway that such work
only voids the warranty on touch weight.
So in effect you would take over the warranty on touch weight issues
once you do such work...

David Stanwood

<snip>
>The AR, shows the inertia.   I'm (we) are looking at
>6.2. I would like it around 5.5, and lower the FW into the low to
>medium range.

>We've figured out that the key geometry is in trouble. But to move
>the capstan or knuckle,
>will void the piano's warranty.
<snip>